Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blankies

When pregnant with Sophie I thought that I could make a million things for her during that time, and make them absolutely positively beautiful and perfect... wow was I wrong!!! I started with a knit blanket pattern.. and 2.5 years later it is still in the works in a bag someplace in my living room tv cabinet... then I found out she was a girl... so I grabbed some pink yarn and crocheted till my hearts content! Then I realized a baby wont need a twin size length blanket.. that was kind of uneven and lopsided... so I finished it and put it away for a bit. I brought it out for her before she was 1.. about maybe 6 months or later I think. We packed it with us for trips and wrapped her up in it at the house... then at some point she started to "need" it with her all the time. With one dog at the time, and no addition on the house- we had small living quarters and the dog was always on it or the cat... so I grabbed some different color yarn and made her a smaller one.. this one EVEN MORE lopsided and funky. She didn't gravitate towards this new one.. she went with  both of them and there is the start of the "blankies" stories. She wont go anywhere without them- when she is tired, or scared there they are.. in the car, in the bed, at nap time... at dinner time.. all the time! It can be a fight to wash them so we alternate now and her "pink" has become her new favorite as of late. She tells us she "picks fuzz" off from them when she is tired but that must mean she is tired A LOT!!! Her purple one used to be her fav and has so many holes from her sticking her thumb in and toes through it. Last night I took them both to wash them.. I am SO TIRED of the dog hair on them.. so I swiped them from under her and threw them in the washer for a quick wash..... and then the power went out! My new lovely washer locks itself... and I could NOT get those blankets free at all for the life of me last night... what the heck was I going to tell' her???


She accepted it okay, we showed her them inside the washer door with the lantern and she could see they were in there safe and sound and then decided to take my grandmothers crocheted purple blanket we have in my closet to bed so she could pick fuzz from that, and she then pretended her "big" (huge body pillow) was her pink blanket and went to bed without an issue :) I never ever ever ever EVER thought we could go a night without those and a fight or a melt down... and my little girl did better then I EVER imagined :)


Now back to potty day... another blog for another day of Sophie's success with her new TinkerBells and potty chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment